Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

March 16, 2009

So.... Thirty....the real story

It was Christmas time, in the two thousand and two year of our Lord. We had gone as a large family group to see the temple lights in Mesa, AZ. As big groups often do, we had all separated to some degree. Charity, Dad and I were walking up a sidewalk ramp towards the northwest end of the temple grounds. We were passing the dancing streams of a twinkle light fountain and talking about this and that. The subject of my birthday came up, as it often does in December. December 27 to be exact. I mentioned off offhandedly that I was going to be thirty this year. Charily being a merely 18 years old, whipped her head in my direction and with mouth gaping and eyes bulging in disbelief, she gasped loudly, "Your so.......(her voice dropping to a whispered squeak) thirty". I of course glared at her. I know what she really wanted to say, "You're so OLD" . But she caught herself just in the nick of time and looked really sheepish. Dad had his hand over his mouth with his eyes squeezed shut,trying to stifle a giggle. But I could see his shoulders raise up and down. He was not doing a good job of hiding his mirth.

Thanks to that little experience, that comment has been a phrase we have all used often when we want to say something rude, but not TOO rude. Thanks Bean (did I say that in Public?)

No comments: