Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

November 28, 2007

I'm Bianca...

As most of you know, there was a time when I changed my name. You see, the Rescuers Down Under movie had just come out, and Bianca was just soooo beautiful, and ladylike, and classy, and she had an accent, and all that la-dee-dah stuff that I wanted to have and be. So I changed my name. Now I could be beautiful and lady like and classy.... Anyway, I guess Tiffany didn't get the message. We were living on Gentry and I was playing with my toys in the living room by the scratchy blue couch. She walked in and called me by my old name, "Jannie," and waited patiently for my reply. When I didn't respond she repeated, "Jannie?" I continued to ignore her as I played with my toys. Less patiently, she tried again and raised her voice, "Jannie!" ...no answer... "JANNIE, I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!" Very calmly and collectedly, with a slight accent, and without looking up I replied, "I'm Bianca." I guess that didn't make her very happy. Through clenched teeth she growled, "Weeelll BIANCA..." and she delivered whatever message she had to say.

I did change my name back to Jannie eventually. I think that happened when I repeated the scenario with Mom and she decided out of frustration that I wasn't allowed to change my name to Bianca... or anything else for that matter.

No comments: