Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

March 20, 2008

Big Sister Summer

Okay, so in 10th grade I was this little mouse and Summer's shadow. I felt so cool because Summer would let me hang out with her and her friends sometimes. She was a big-shot, totally awesome senior. It was really empowering to my little timid self that she was my sister and that she included me in things all the time. I kind of had this prestigious title among her friends and other kids in the school and even among some teachers of "Summer's Little Sister" that I was proud of. Summer was so capable at the things she pursued and I happened to like many of the same things, so I followed in her footsteps. In 11th and 12th grade, I had many of the teachers she had had and so when I went into the class the teachers already had good expectations from me because I was related to her.
And then later after we left Utah and returned to Arizona, Summer came down and again took me under her wing for the small amount of time she was down there. She tried to help me meet people and find opportunities. Too bad I didn't follow her back up to Utah when she went to BYU. Maybe I would not have taken 4 years to get my Associate's degree and still be trying to get my Bachelor's at 30 years old!

No comments: