Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

March 20, 2008

Tara the Beauty Queen

Ever since her hair became curly, I wanted to have Tara's hair. I admired how she did it and I frequently tried to mimic her hairstyles--especially during the big hair and big bangs era of our lives. I couldn't wait until I was old enough to wear make-up and get my ears pierced like Tara. I thought she wore cool clothes and I was always excited when she passed down some of her clothes to me. (Actually, I still get excited when she passes clothes down to me.) When she was in high school, I remember thinking she was the epitome of cool--she had cool hair, wore cool clothes, make-up, and earrings and I wanted to look like her.
I also admired her singing ability. She was so good. She got in good choirs and got solos in choir concerts--I specifically remember the Oliver song that she sang (where I think she kicked a girl with her boot in what was supposed to be a stage kick, but in the performance ended up being the real thing because of the adrenaline rush of performing for real). She was really good in that part and I felt proud that I was her sister. I couldn't wait until I was in high school and could be just like Tara.

No comments: