Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

January 17, 2008

45 thousand Big Fat Monster - Tara's version

It was a hot day in....Wait that is the beginning of another story. I was in Utah in the Summer time. We were on a "Girl's trip" to see Bean in her opera "I'm Loooossst". While we were there, we decided to see if we could find brides maid dresses for Jannie's upcoming wedding! We were at the mall and trying on dresses and clothes. Well Everyone could fit into the same dress and we were trading the dresses from stall to stall. Everyone, that is, except ME! I would squish into a dress that Sundee had just tried on, and she looked great in it by the way, and all I looked like was a sausage, all plump and rolley. So I tried on the dress that Charity had tried on. I couldn't even get the dress past the shoulder seam of the arm holes. My fore arms were way too buff! So I tried on a dress that o' scrawny one had (that being Jo-my-mother) and that was just a passing fancy. Pretty soon, I realized that everyone was just the right size, except ME! And every time I looked in the mirror, I got fatter! By the time we were done trying on clothes I had become the 45 thousand Big Fat Monster. Jannie, Sundee, Bean and Mom all laughed at me for being frustrated with my roundness. And believe me... they all Laughed, lots! "but what is life if we can not make a little sport for our neighbors. And we will laugh at them in our turn" to quote Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice) I am not quite so irritated about it now, but I am also not quite 45 thousand Big Fat monster any more. "Whooa!" -Tara

1 comment:

Summer said...

i wish i could've been there. i would've loved to have been in on that one. and Tara, i know exactly how you feel. (felt, since you are skinny now, me, not so much.)