Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

January 27, 2008

To Go Shopping With Tara...

The other day I came home from the store with a few items more than were on my list. Chris' remark when I showed him the merchandise was, "You are not allowed to go shopping while you are on the phone with Tara!" You see, when you go shopping with Tara, she has a way of making items you might otherwise say weren't in the budget seem justified somehow. Its great and scary all at the same time. My favorite phrase of her persuasive jargon is "Sometimes you have to get something for yourself. If the mom is not happy then nobody in the family is happy." This is, of course, the one that usually makes it seem alright; the one that makes me say, "She's right! I do need this." And, of course, once the purchase is justified in my mind, I do feel happy.

4 comments:

jomymother said...

Isn't it nice to have someone on your side...just rooting for you! There she is cheering you on and you didn't even know you needed it! (Or maybe you did!) I love shopping with Tara!
Mom

Anonymous said...

grumble, grumble, grumble...

Jannie said...

I agree - Tara DOES make shopping fun! The only trouble is that I'm not as eloquent at convincing Reed that it was a much needed purchase as Tara is at convincing me. It just sounds better when Tara says it!

TaratheFirst said...

You see!! I am right! - Tara