Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

February 15, 2008

Summer in Madrigals

When Summer was in high school, I always loved going to see her perform with her singing group, Madrigals. They would dance and sing and entertain to the heart's content. One time they were singing "Country Corn" where they tell the most absurd, cheesy, and corniest jokes there ever were between choruses. Well it came to Summer's turn to tell a real winner of a joke, and it went something like this: "You know that Sundee Murdock?! Well she wanted to take one of them Egyptian milk baths like Chleopatra. So She called up the Milk Man and he asked her if she wanted it pasturized and she said 'No, just up to my chin!' " And then loud, fake laughter ensued enticing the entire audience to laugh as well. To a little 12 yr old, who thought her older sisters walked on water, this was a big deal. Not only did she noticed me, but she brought everyone else's attention to the fact the I was alive!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I had no idea it had such an impact or that you remembered that! I hope I didn't embarrass you, or if I did, it was in a good way!

Sundee said...

I loved it!