Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

February 3, 2008

Tibbly! - my memories

TC growing up was kind of shy and often singing to herself. She's always up for a good chat or a game of cards, but I guess that's all the Murdock kids. :) Her lilting voice is as peaceful as a warm breeze - I always admired how she could touch every high note so effortlessly! And she has a personality to match. Growing up, Mom always said "every family needs a Tiffany right in the middle" because she was the peacemaker. As a kid, I remember trying to have all the good qualities of the older siblings that Mom praised. So when it came to being kind, I looked to her. One Sunday she got up to bear her "simple testimony," and later I caught myself using her exact words in a Young Women's testimony meeting. I also immitated her artistic talents. She wrote poems, so I wrote poems. She told me hands and eyes were the hardest things to draw, so guess what I worked on? Yep, hands and eyes. When I got the part of Annie in the church play, she tried to teach me tapping so I could dance during my duet with Daddy Warbucks. I say she "tried" because I got discouraged that I couldn't get it right the first or second time, so she ended up teaching me a super-simplified version that I used on stage.

It was also really nice when we shared a room living on Minton. She slept on the top bunk and I was on the bottom. After we turned off the lights to go to bed, we spent hours just talking about whatever was going on in our lives. That's when I really got close to Tiffy. Another nice thing about rooming with her was that she was a heavy sleeper. I got this new alarm clock, and the night before I had turned up the volume pretty loud to make sure I got up. In the morning when it rang, I thought it was the fire alarm! I gathered up all my stuff - backpack, shoes, scriptures, blanket, and went to wake Tiffany on the top bunk. That's when I realized that the noise was coming from my dresser and not the house, but she slept clear through it! Not even a movement!! And that thing was LOUD.

Anyway, I really respect Tiffany. She's a wonderful example to me of how a person should be - and I think that started way back when she played the older sister in one of those silly songs we mouthed and performed for Mom and Dad - "She's about this high, she's smaller than I, sometimes I help her tie her shoe. She's my sister...."

No comments: