Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

June 29, 2009

The BEST swing set ever!

When Tiffy was a little girl, she was quiet. She was just gentle. As the story goes, I believe that someone at church was asking the kids what they were hoping to get for Christmas, or a birthday or something. Well, little Tiffy responded in front of Dad, "My Daddy's going to buy me a swing set." Dad - the softy - did just that. But Dad did not just get a typical backyard swing set with 2 swings and a three foot slide. No my dad brought home play ground quality swing set jungle gym equipment. It had 15 foot high swings and 10 foot monkey bars. It had Olympic style silver swivel rings and a tweety bird bar on chains . We used to swing off of it from our knees. It had a yellow glider on one side that had black sponge pads at the back. You know, the kind that keep you from actually knocking out the teeth of the dumb kid who walked behind the thing when it was going at full tilt. It even had fireman polls. (not actually,because they were the support beams and they were on an angle, but we could slide down them just the same). It was the BEST swing set ever. Thanks Tiffy! (Thanks Dad too)

1 comment:

Sundee said...

It was such a great swing set that I had to have one in my own backyard now that I'm all grown up. (Too bad teeter-totters are a thing of the past.) My kids love the swings, and I'll admit that even I enjoy a swing every now and again.