Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

June 29, 2009

Moon Balls - How Sweet!

When we were young, Jayson, Aaron, Tara and Summer would go to Grandma Natelle's kitchen. She loved us so much that she would not think of giving us cookies with sugar in them. We would go over to Grandma's house and sit up the the counter in the kitchen and wait for the wonderful treats she made just for us! She had made us Moon Balls. Oh how sweet they were. Just Yummy! We could not wait to get more.

After Grandma Natelle passed away, Aaron found the Moon Balls recipe. Elation! We were about to have the yummiest snack of all! So Aaron and I made up a BIG, BIG batch of dough. We rolled out the balls of sweet peanut butter. But we knew what a savory treat they were, so we doubled, no tripled the size of the moon balls. When they had set for a half an hour or so, it was time to sample our delectable treats.

I could not wait! I took a huge bite of the round ball of peanut butter sweetness and began to chew it up fast, so I could get another one before everyone else ate them all. But what was this....This was NOT the moon balls that Grandma made. These tasted of nasty powdered milk and it stuck to the entire mouth cavity, under the tongue, roof, back of molars, everywhere! I ran to the trash can and spat it out, but it did not all come out! I ran to the sink and ran the water into my mouth straight from the tap. Rinse, swish, SPIT...Repeat. REPEAT again! These were awful! How on earth could this be the same treat that Grandma Natelle made. I accused Aaron of not finding the right recipe or at least reading it WRONG! He assured me that we had followed the recipe precisely.

But alas... the light dawned on me. The only reason Grandma's Moon Balls tasted good was because we were not eating Peanut Butter with honey and powdered milk. We were eating Grandma's love. How sweet it was!

No comments: