Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

July 25, 2009

Camp LoMia... Here we come!!!

Ok, so I'm going to put all rumors to rest. We do NOT have to hike to get into West Camp. We DO have a kitchen with commercial grade stove. We can NOT have pets. And it's going to be great!!! I visited West Camp yesterday and took all the pictures and videos that I think you'll need to get familiar with the grounds.
The view from West Camp is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

It's very hilly and rocky, so bring good, light-weight, hiking/tennis/sports shoes.

When we first drove in, it looked like Bungalow 1 at the bottom of the hill was really far from the Ramada. I
told Mom and Dad I felt bad for the people stuck in "outer darkness" with their itty bitty fire pit. Bungalow 6 is at the top of the hill and has a huge fire pit close to it, so we began joking that about the "celestial fire pit", the "lesser fire pits" and "outer darkness".
As it turns out, Mom and I counted our steps and Bungalow 1 isn't very far at all (it's only about 150 steps to the Ramada from Bungalow 1). But I thought I'd share the pictures with you anyway.

A look at the "Lesser Fire Pit" above and the "Celestial Fire Pit" below.

And there's the view from the Celestial Fire Pit! Beautiful, ain't it?

No comments: