Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

October 11, 2007

The Engagement story - Mom's version

After high school graduation, I moved to Utah where my parents already were. That didn’t last long and we were back. Once back I immediately started going to M-Men and Gleaners. That’s what they called Young Adults back then. Someone noticed that “Eddie Murdock was back from his mission.” Of course all the girls were interested. I started going to the M-Men and Gleaner Choir because I knew the rule. The rule was …still is … you have to be there! You need to be where the person is in order for that person to notice you. So, I faithfully went to the choir because he was the director. After a while he asked that I be called as the choir president. I was so flattered! I thought he liked me. That wasn’t the case. He only asked because I was always there. Anyway we worked together for a long time. It actually took me a year to get him to ask me out!

Well, one time we went to a snow party in the daytime. And that night I had a date with an old boyfriend that had just gotten home from his mission. On the way home from the snow party Eddie asked if I wanted to do something that night. I was sick, because I really liked him and I already had a date with the other guy that night. My response was very polite but I couldn’t because I already had a date. And I told him that he would have to ask a week ahead of time. (That wasn’t being snooty, but was the truth.) So the next night after a fireside he asked if I needed a ride home. Of course I didn’t need a ride, but I was going to accept one! On the way home, he asked me about doing something the next weekend ….the “whole weekend.” And then it began. Eventually we got engaged and married.

Oh, by the way, there were some girls that were mad at me because I won! Yay for me!!!!

No comments: