Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

October 11, 2007

The Scary Spider - by Jannie

It was a dark night on Quailbrook Drive. My room was in the haunting unfinished basement where the ceiling creaked, and the stairs croaked, and we all shared thin walls of 2 x 4s and blankets. I was lying in my bed, when I suddenly noticed the floor turning black. I looked closely and was horrified at my discovery – Daddy Long-Legs! Thousands of them were covering the cement floor! Then they began to crawl up and cover the blankets on my bed. I squirmed as far away from them as the head of my cannon-post bed would allow.

A large wolf spider the size of a tarantula climbed up one of my bed posts until the daddy long-legs passed him. They were heading for the corner of the room where there was a small hole and a tiny neon sign that read, “HOTEL.”

A spider hotel?

I watched as the wolf spider made his way into the hotel and my room was emptied of arachnids. Panicking, I grabbed the Raid (the ultimate bug killer in a can) and sprayed that hotel with all my might. Suddenly the wolf spider emerged, eyes red and raging. He began jumping! He jumped as high as my face and back to the floor again yelling, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THIS IS MY HOTEL? YOU’RE GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD…” and he let out a roaring SNOOOOOOORT! I sat straight up in bed, short of breath, heart pounding, eyes searching the room for spiders, when I heard again a loud SNOOOOOOORE. I paused for a moment, then sighed in relief. “Oh, it’s just Jayson.” I took a deep breath and curled back up, grateful that my oldest brother had just saved me from a creepy, hairy, fiery-eyed beast.

Then I suddenly came to grips with what really just happened. I giggled to myself as I drifted back to sleep. “Jayson snores, heh, heh, heh….”

No comments: