Reunion Time!

August 6th-9th

Be sure get your family assignments ready for the reunion. It's gonna be fun!

Movie Madness!

October 11, 2007

Jo My Mother - by Tara

How did Joanna Tryon Murdock end up with a handle like JoMyMother. Not, Mom. Not Mother, Not Mommy. Well… It was a sunny, hot day in Mesa Arizona. Imaging that, a warm day in the summer time in Arizona. The sun blazed through the windows of a department store. It was a Wal-Mart I believe. I was hustling around the store in search of mom. We had been separated as I had gone off in search of some nameless necessity. I had found something really exciting and was calling out “Mother, where are you.” To which I got no response from my mom! The store was crowded. I got lots of turned heads. You see everyone seems to be a mother, just not my mother. Then it hit me. She does not realize that I am seeking Joanna, My mother. So I began to call out Jo My Mother. I got an almost immediate response. So, the nick name was born. Now when we are together in a crowded place, I do not have to get the response of everyone else’s mom…because mine will tune out the sound of anyone calling out Mom, as any good mother does. I just call “JoMyMother” and viola! Mom Joanna appears. True story.

No comments: